Thursday 19 June 2014

Is it the Messiah? – no only Graham Longley

If you get the chance it is worth taking a look at Page 5 of today’s Echo which has a picture of Lib Dem Leader Graham Longley with arms outstretched and surrounded by grateful disciples announcing that he is re opening Shoebury East Beach. Following on from some of the articles and photographs published over the last few days we have clearly seen that a main priority for some members of the new rainbow cabinet is to ensure that they claim as much personal credit and self publicity as possible. Perhaps this is inevitable with a cabinet consisting of 3 different party groups and with the next election less than a year away. I think it is fair to say that Graham has not personally been out on the mud with his metal detector ensuring that the area was safe – certainly if he has I hope that the mud was not too deep! Further on the basis that he has only been in post for a few days and has not even attended a formal cabinet meeting as yet I would suggest that his input in to what has been an ongoing campaign for some weeks to get the MOD to prioritise the reopening has been limited. However the tone is set. Cllr Longley is the saviour of the town. Perhaps with East Beach reopening we will even see him walk on the water.

4 comments:

  1. You really ought to get some social media buttons for your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are getting too technical for me! I am something of a luddite but if you tell me what that means and how to do it I would be delighted. My e mail is nigelholdcroft@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very disappointed Nigel; you had the perfect opportunity for a Life of Brian-inspired blog title here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I know - he's not the messiah just a very naughty boy!

    ReplyDelete