Thursday 10 February 2011

The joys of pavement politics

Was out last night delivering our latest In Touch to residents across part of the Highlands Estate. It is interesting delivering leaflets in the dark as it adds the perils of dark pathways (with hidden steps) and difficult to locate letter boxes to the usual challenge of dogs. It never fails to astound me how badly designed many letter boxes are, making the delivery of a leaflet tricky, never mind post or newspapers. You would think that when designing a letter box some thought would be given to how easy it is to post documents - that is after all the only purpose of it, but apparently no. It is also of concern that in increasing numbers of cases dogs leap aggressively at the letterbox whilst attempts are being made by the deliverer to beat the draft excluder and it astounds me that more injuries do not occur.I do wonder if owners are aware of their potential liability for the actions of their dog and whether any of their usual post is readable. And it isn't just because I am a politicial that they go for me because under the cover of darkness my identity is safe! Delivering leaflets is also a great way to keep a check on pavement and road conditions as well as any non working lights. I have sent my report in to council officers today and for residents of Braemar Crescent repairs to the road surface are due soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment