Sunday 27 May 2012

Soaring Pigeons at City Beach

On Friday night we made one of our occasional visits to Chinnerys on the seafront to see the Pigeon Detectives who I have not seen live since the Reading Festival some years ago.Whilst the Cliffs Pavilion is now attracting some good bands there is nothing to beat the intimacy of Chinnerys - a truly fantastic venue for local music lovers.The Pigeons really rose to the occasion and were probably the best I have ever seen in the town - even beating the Sweet at the Kursaal in the early seventies!The night was up close, hot, sweaty, pushy, and cramped with crowd surfing,and water/beer everywhere - simply great.And to make it even better I know there was at least one person there who was older than me (but don't worry Pete I won't say who) I am looking forward to the next time already.

No comments:

Post a Comment